Wednesday, September 15, 2010

first month here!

I have to say, my first month here has really flown by.  I'm still as foreign as ever but I have got a placement at the native speaking course and yesterday I enrolled into a Polish school, so hopefully it won't be long until I can say a bit more than 'thank you' or 'socks!'
Pawel is currently on his fashion design course which has him gone four times a week, so I am determined to use this new found time to write! I am actually finding it hard to write without a deadline, so I have decided to set personal deadlines to hopefully help get myself moving. As I have recently been spending my time exploring the depths of my wardrobe somehow hoping to stumble across a brand new expensive item I had totally forgot I had bought or watching every film to be found in our room, despite the language being totally incomprehensible! . . HELP!
I am going to learn how to use the public transport so I can take the bus and trams into the city centre and go exploring or simply find a pretty café, where I can just go and take my new little laptop and write a story :)


Its a nuisance being in such a pretty city with pretty shops (the Zara shops here are my favourite) and me being so silly with money. Seriously, I have bought quite a lot. Shopping gives such a buzz and the second I walk out of the shops, bags in hand, I suddenly feel awful for spending money! I swear when I come home for christmas, I'll be looking like this.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment