Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Microgynon 30

Those hellish little yellow pills.


For a year and a half I had been taking these pills, unaware of the consequences I faced everyday due to them.
I knew my personality had changed, darkened. I had no energy and wouldn't want to go out with friends. I felt heavy and lifeless and felt myself uncontrollably being bitter and bitchy to everyone I loved and cared about. I wasted the last year of my Uni life being miserable (although part of that was due to being stuck in Crewe!) and I couldn't pinpoint a valid reason.
Of course, my boyfriend got the worst of it. My ridiculous ups and downs, energy spouts and sleepy spells, he could tell I wasn't myself and always asked if there was anything he could do to help, to which I would snap 'no.'
It was Pawel who suggested trying to stop using Microgynon (the contraceptive pill) and of course I stopped using it straight away. After a week I had noticed a huge difference in my temperament and really my entire personality. I became myself again, happier, carefree and much more full of life. I was lighter and relaxed, my weight stopped fluctuating and I looked forward to life again . 
I can't believe I had let myself suffer the dreadful side effects of the pill for so long, letting it change who I was and almost sacrificing the relationships I have. Nothing is worth that. I swear I am never going to touch those pills again and I am throwing the 10 months stash I have left in the bin! 





No comments:

Post a Comment