Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My first All Saints day

is so different here than it is back in Britain.
It's taken really seriously and although I was a bit sad at first when I found I wouldn't get to dress up for it, I think I prefer Halloween here.
People spend November 1st (all saints day) with their families and then going to graveyards with flowers and candles and decorating the beautifully carved stones of their relatives and people they loved.  I honestly haven't seen anything as beautiful as the graveyards on all saints day. Everyone seems way more respectful than in Britain.

1 comment:

  1. And now listen to me in turn. You have touched me more profoundly than I thought even you could have touched me - my heart was full when you came here today. Henceforward I am yours for everything....

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete